Help your college student get a fresh start for the second semester of college!
Register Your Student Now
FreshStart! is a weekly newsletter for students in their second semester of college. Our next FreshStart! Series will begin January and your student will receive an e-mail each week for 15 weeks.
Whether your student had a great first semester of college or found the transition to college difficult, the second semester offers students a fresh start.
- Your student will be in brand new classes.
- Your student will begin his second semester with a semester’s worth of experience behind him.
- Your student may need to find a new approach to how he organizes and studies.
- Your student may want to build on a successful first semester, but isn’t sure how to take the next step.
- Your student may have new resolutions and goals, but he may not be sure how to act on them.
Give your student an advantage in this important second semester of college by signing her up to receive weekly information and guidance through our FreshStart! newsletter.
FreshStart! is a quick, easy to read weekly newsletter sent directly to your student’s e-mail with strategies for a successful second semester.
Arm your student with FreshStart! and you’ll give her an edge by providing her with the guidance and motivation that can help her be as successful as possible.
Who needs FreshStart!?
Any student who wants to make the second semester of college even better than the first semester will benefit from FreshStart!
- Students who had a less than successful first semester and are anxious to improve this semester.
- Students who recognize that they could have an even better experience with improved organization and time management.
- Students who realize that the college experience has more to offer than they took advantage of first semester.
- Students who are still exploring and deciding on the best major.
Students who began college with a major but who are no longer sure that major is right for them.
- Students who want to be campus leaders and need an extra boost of confidence and advice.
- Students who had difficulty navigating the college experience and want to change direction.
How does FreshStart! Work?
FreshStart! is a weekly e-mail newsletter sent directly to your student. Each week he will receive tips, suggestions, and gentle reminders of things to think about and do. Messages in FreshStart! are geared for the appropriate time of the spring semester so your student will get the information that he needs right when he needs it.
As a college parent, you’ll be reassured that your student is being informed, prompted, and perhaps nudged in appropriate directions each week of the semester. You’ll be even more confident stepping back because you’ll know FreshStart! is there to coach him.
What's covered in FreshStart!?
We cover the basics that may need reinforcement from first semester lessons. Being a college student is hard work and not every student gets it all right at first. Important college skills may need more practice.
FreshStart! articles cover the skills college professionals say are most necessary.
- Time management (possibly the most important skill for college students)
- Study Skills
- Beating procrastination
- Navigating the college system
- Getting involved on campus
- Ways to explore possible majors
- How to effectively talk to faculty members
- How to find and use academic and other support on campus
- How to advocate for what your student needs
FreshStart! also builds on first semester skills by adding value in the second semester:
- How to be an effective leader in student organizations
- How to get involved in departmental activities to get to know professors outside of class
- How to take advantage of activities provided by the college
- How to use the Career Office to aim for outstanding internships or job opportunities
- How to use spring semester to prepare for a successful leap to sophomore year.
- How to use the summer between academic years wisely.
Your student has ambitions, but may need help clarifying those ambitions.
Your student may need help turning those ambitions into clear goals.
Your student may need help defining the action plans that will help her reach her goals.
- The second semester of college is a good time to lay the foundation for completing the transition to college.
- The second semester of college is a good time to create the plans that will form the framework for the rest of the college years.
- The second semester of college is a time of decisions for many college students that will affect their future progress.
Through all of second semester, FreshStart! will be there. We’ll be there each week to help your student make this semester better than the last.
Hear what others have to say:
Do something to help your student today…
Whether your student is happy and successful, worried and nervous, or on academic probation, FreshStart! will help add value to the experience of the second semester of college. We provide a guided plan for success. We’ll provide the weekly coaching to help your student stay in the college game – and achieve all that he can.
Give your student the advantage of professional advice and support – delivered directly each week.
For a one-time payment of $65, your student will receive 15 weeks of expert guidance and motivation. (That’s less than $5.00 per week.) Register your student now so she won’t miss a single issue.
You helped your student prepare for college, apply to college, and choose a college. She’s weathered the first semester. She’s ready for the next step.
Don’t delay and miss this opportunity.
Sign your student up now and give her college career a boost. It may be one of the best investments in your student’s education that you can make!
We’re so sure that your student will find FreshStart! a bonus to the college experience, that we’re offering you a guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our FirstTerm! newsletter, we’ll refund your purchase price immediately. Simply contact us through our website and let us know why FreshStart! isn’t useful to your student. We’ll completely refund your money.
It’s that simple.