Information for the parents of college students
Random header image... Refresh for more!

College Parent News and Views

The more that college parents know and understand about the college experience, the less we worry and the better we will be able to help our students to succeed and thrive throughout their college career.  However, there is an overwhelming amount of information out there on the web.   We’d like to help you find some of the information that might be most interesting and useful to you as a college parent.

In News and Views we share recent college related news and sources we’ve found as we do our research.  We hope that this feature will help to introduce you to new ideas and to help you keep up with some of the current issues that may affect your college student – and you.

We invite you to read some of the articles suggested below – and to let us know what you think of some of the ideas included here.

Fact or Fiction: Debunking Myths in the College Process

Excellent article in a high school newspaper about the need to keep the college search process in perspective.

Empty Nest Pt. 3 . . . See You in November!

An excellent perspective on dealing with the empty nest – and how we change and grow as parents.

The Higher Education Bubble

An interesting infographic about college graduate debt.

Student Health Plan

Information about alternative health insurance coverage for students

Parents Beware!  It’s a Jungle Out There

Some good, commonsense advice on evaluating the claims of web sources who want your money to help in the college admissions process.

College Application Advice for Parents

A few tips to keep in mind as you prepare your student for college.

Countdown to College: Tips for Narrowing the College List

Applying to too many colleges may not be the smartest thing to do.  Here are some suggestions to help make the list manageable.

Share this page via Email Share this page via Stumble Upon Share this page via Digg this Share this page via Facebook Share this page via Twitter
FreshStart banner ad

0 comments

There are no comments yet...

Kick things off by filling out the form below.